AGE 12 YEARS AND OVER | ALL EXPERIENCE LEVELS | DIFFICULTY: CLASS III - IV | DISTANCE: 36 KM /22 MILES | NUMBER OF RAPIDS: 49 | APPROXIMATE RIVER TIME: 7 HOURS
Prices from $250 for 2 day tour & $385 for 3 day tour all inclusive
Shake off the dust of your travels and jump into a Pacuare River adventure. The Rio Pacuare is always a highlight for visitors to our country. It was first run in 1981, and in the short time since then has become known as the most beautiful and exciting rafting experience in all of Costa Rica, and one of the top five in the world. When you exit the last stretch of rapids, take a deep breath and head on up to the lodge. You will be greeted by the BEST views on the river, we are the only lodge with a view of the highly active Turrialba Volcano.
Ave Sol is an authentic experience of the Pacuare River basin; a brush with the local values and culture. Enjoy the pristine water, breathtaking scenery and great meals, while knowing you are supporting conservation efforts within the jaguar's remaining habitat.
Our lodge is remote, rustic and blends into the surrounding wilderness. We offer customized trips for small groups, with no more than twelve people (two rafts) on any given day. Because the skills and charisma of your river guides has a very big impact on your enjoyment of the trip, we have formed a partnership with Exploradores Outdoors, who have fifteen years experience running the Pacuare River.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE OFFER ONLY THE OVERNIGHT AND TWO NIGHT RAFTING PACKAGES, EXTENDED STAYS ARE CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE. This will change as Ave Sol grows, and if you have any questions about bookings for large groups or anything outside of the basic bookings please contact us.
ALL TRIPS INCLUDE:
- All meals
- Rafting equipment
- Professional bilingual guides
- Transportation to and from San Jose, Puerto Viejo (Southern Caribbean Coast) and La Fortuna (Arenal Volcano area)
- Dry storage of all your gear throughout the trip
- All linen and towels are supplied
- Many different rainforest hikes, do as much or as little as you want
- Lodging at Ave Sol River Sanctuary
- Smiles and good vibes ; )
THINGS TO BRING:
- Rubber soled shoes that can get wet
- Water bottle
- Swimming trunks or swimsuit
- Quick drying shirt and shorts, long sleeves recommended
- Sunscreen lotion (water resistant SPF 30+ is best)
- Bug repellant
- Head lamp or flashlight
- Strap to secure glasses
- Any prescription medication
- Clothing for the duration of your trip
- Essential toiletries
- Consider bringing a waterproof camera with a strap, binoculars and cash for souvenirs and drinks